The Andersons Spring Seminars provide an overview of the entire UK farming industry and its prospects – covering policy changes, new legislation, economic outlook, market prospects and profitability. They look at the implications for the future structure of UK farming and farm businesses, and those that service them. The seminars have been running for over 20 years and have become a must-attend event for professionals operating in the farming and agricultural sectors as they give a concise overview of the entire agricultural industry in a three-hour session. In addition to our seminars, we speak at numerous other events throughout the UK, Ireland and continental Europe on a wide range of topics related to the economics of agriculture and farm business management.
Benefits of attending our public seminars:
- Delegates come away with a deeper understanding of the current issues facing the farming sector allowing them to better understand the needs of their clients and customers.
- By looking at the future prospects for the industry, delegates are prompted to think about the direction of their own organisations.
- Delegates also appreciate the opportunity to meet a wide cross-section of the agricultural industry in an informal setting and to exchange ideas and views.
2020 Dates and Venues (further details to be announced in November)
|28th February||Friday||RAF Club, London|
|3rd March||Tuesday||Newmarket Racecourse|
|4th March||Wednesday||Salisbury Racecourse|
|5th March||Thursday||Exeter Racecourse|
|6th March||Friday||The Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester|
|10th March||Tuesday||Perth Racecourse, Scotland|
|11th March||Wednesday||East of England Showground, Peterborough|
|12th March||Thursday||Riseholme College, Lincoln|
|13th March||Friday||The National Brewery Centre, Burton|
|17th March||Tuesday||Harper Adams University|
|18th March||Wednesday||Rheged Centre, Penrith, Cumbria|
|19th March||Thursday||Carfraemill, Scotland|
|20th March||Friday||York Racecourse|
What do you get?
All delegates to the Seminars get a full colour printed booklet with a copy of the presentation along with additional detailed notes.
The Seminars start promptly at 10:00am and finish with lunch at 1:00pm. The Seminar will provide 3 hours of CPD.
What do people say?
Each spring over 700 delegates attend our Seminars, with many attending regularly year after year. In 2019, over 95% of attendees rated them as either good or excellent.
In addition to our national seminar series held in the spring each year, we are also always pleased to organise and deliver specific training events for individual organisations throughout the year across the UK and Ireland. For more information please call +44 (0)1664 503 200 and ask for Richard King or Michael Haverty to discuss your requirements.
We regularly speak at business-related agricultural conferences throughout the UK and Ireland to give our independent perspective on a wide range of topics including farm profitability, agricultural policy, Brexit and competitiveness to name but a few. A sample of our previous conference presentations is provided below.
Examples of Speaking Engagements:
- Non-Tariff Barriers and Global Agri-Food Trade – Food Integrity Nantes 2018
- Northern Ireland Dairy Conference – October 2017
- Animal Health Conference – May 2017
- Animal Nutrition (private company) July 2019, exploring opportunities for future UK agriculture
- Major arable farming event June 2019