What are Andersons Seminars?
The Andersons Spring Seminars provide an overview of the entire UK farming industry and its prospects – covering policy changes, new legislation, economic outlook, market prospects and profitability. They look at the implications for the future structure of UK farming and farm businesses, and those that service them. The seminars have been running for over 20 years and have become a must-attend event for professionals operating in the farming and agricultural sectors as they give a concise overview of the entire agricultural industry in a three-hour session. In addition to our seminars, we speak at numerous other events throughout the UK, Ireland and continental Europe on a wide range of topics related to the economics of agriculture and farm business management.
Benefits of attending our public seminars:
- Delegates come away with a deeper understanding of the current issues facing the farming sector allowing them to better understand the needs of their clients and customers.
- By looking at the future prospects for the industry, delegates are prompted to think about the direction of their own organisations.
- Delegates also appreciate the opportunity to meet a wide cross-section of the agricultural industry in an informal setting and to exchange ideas and views.
2021 Seminar Dates and Bookings:
Due to Covid-19, we intend to run our 2021 Seminars in late June and early July this year at a reduced number of venues. Dates and locations are provided below. Bookings are now available by clicking here.
- 22nd June, Tuesday – RAF Club, London – Book Now
- 24th June, Thursday – East of England Showground, Peterborough – Book Now
- 29th June, Tuesday – York Racecourse – Book Now
- 30th June, Wednesday – Edinburgh (Norton House Hotel, Ingliston) – Book Now
- 5th July, Monday – Newmarket Racecourse – Book Now
- 6th July, Tuesday – Harper Adams University – Book Now
- 7th July, Wednesday – Exeter Racecourse – FULLY BOOKED
- 8th July, Thursday – The Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester – Book Now
Please note that bookings for our 2021 Seminars are managed via Eventbrite. By clicking on the Booking Form, you will be taken to the Eventbrite website. Due to how Eventbrite is configured, bookings for each Seminar event will need to be done separately. When you have booked your place(s) you will automatically be issued a VAT invoice via the Eventbrite platform and you will also receive a ticket via email. Please bring this ticket with you to the Seminar. Please note also that the price per individual ticket is £165+VAT (£198 including VAT).
For bookings of five or more delegates for a seminar, are eligible for a 10% discount. Please contact us directly to book.
Please note that we continue to monitor Government Guidance and will take every step to ensure that our Seminars can take place safely during June and July.
Both Andersons and venue organisers are committed to helping to ensure that our Seminars take place safely. Each venue will be working in accordance with the latest Government Covid guidance. The capacity of each venue has been limited so that social distancing can be maintained if measures are required after 21st June.
In addition, each of Andersons’ staff will be regularly undertaking lateral flow tests throughout the Seminars. If prospective delegates wish to undertake lateral flow tests, free test kits can be obtained by following the link here
If any Covid-related issues do arise, meaning a Seminar cannot go ahead, alternative arrangements will be made, including the provision of replacement Webinars to attendees.
What do you get?
All delegates to the Seminars get a full colour printed booklet with a copy of the presentation along with additional detailed notes.
The Seminars start promptly at 10:00am and finish with lunch at 1:00pm. The Seminar will provide 3 hours of CPD.
What do people say?
Each spring over 700 delegates attend our Seminars, with many attending regularly year after year. In 2020, over 96% of attendees rated them as either good or excellent. This video sample from our 2020 Seminar in London looks at UK and international beef prices and gives you a flavour of the insights that we provide during a 3-hour session.
In addition to our national seminar series held in the spring each year, we are also always pleased to organise and deliver specific training events for individual organisations throughout the year across the UK and Ireland. For more information please call +44 (0)1664 503 200 and ask for Richard King or Michael Haverty to discuss your requirements.
We regularly speak at business-related agricultural conferences throughout the UK and Ireland to give our independent perspective on a wide range of topics including farm profitability, agricultural policy, Brexit and competitiveness to name but a few. A sample of our previous conference presentations is provided below.
Examples of Speaking Engagements:
- Cereals Outlook – 20-minute update normally given at UK Cereals Event – June 2020
- Non-Tariff Barriers and Global Agri-Food Trade – Food Integrity Conference – Nantes, France – 2018
- Northern Ireland Dairy Conference – October 2017
- Animal Health Conference – Dublin, Ireland – May 2017
- Animal Nutrition (private company) July 2019, exploring opportunities for future UK agriculture
- Major arable farming event June 2019